SiT v3.90 is out as Beta 1, after being quietly released around a month ago. Several years in the making, lots of new great stuff, of some which I’ll try and make a short summery of here. Needless to say is that this version has been waited for, for a long time.
First off, I’d like to say that a new theme has been created, called Kriplyana, not only do we have a new theme, we have our own Icons for this theme too. The Icons are released under GNU GPLv2 as with SiT!, so if you want to use these icons for something else, feel free to do so, as long as it’s consistent with the GPLv2 license. The Icon template is available as SVG in the SVN. The iconset is created using Inkscape, and might not work 100% with other vector based graphics programs that support SVG.
And now to a list of highlighted new features:
- Plugins Repository
- Plugin manager
- A whole new trigger system
- Possibility to store customers reference info
- Feedback is available from the portal
- Possibility for a contact to set an incident on hold using the portal
- User customization is much improved.
- Configurable map link
- Files can now be attached to the Knowledgebase.
- Improved/simplified LDAP configuration
And lots of other new stuff.
This is an beta release from our unstable branch and as such is not ready for production use just yet but please
feel free to try it out, download it here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/sitracker/files/unstable/3.90beta1/
If you find any bugs, please report them in our bug tracker as usual, this is after all only a beta release.